Our Approach to Develop
SOIL works with companies on custom built leadership development interventions with leaders at middle and senior levels. SOIL and Grow Talent Company have a large body of high impact work in developing leaders with companies in the Public and Private sectors. SOIL uses the 70:20:10 framework to create learning journeys that involve action learning projects, coaching and classroom learning. Each of our program/intervention is preceded by an in-depth diagnostic and closed with a detailed report on the participants or our findings.
Our 3D Approach
SOIL uses the 3D’s - Discover, Design and Deliver - of the Appreciative Inquiry framework to customize and co-design all leadership development interventions.
- Discovering the gifts of the participant group by studying them at their joyful best.
- Interviewing the participants to understand their perspective of the preferred future focusing specifically on instances of peak performance, understanding strengths & learning the root causes of success.
- Understanding the business context, group development needs & scope of the engagement.
- Understanding the participants’ profiles and expectations from their roles.
- Designing a plan to make the vision a reality. We focus on leveraging the power of what is working well to close the learning and development gaps.
- The input from the Discovery phase is used to co-design the interventions to ensure utmost relevance to the organization and the participant group.
- The delivery draws from the design requirements to create a stimulating and engaging learning experience with a focus on the specific development needs that come out of the detailed discovery process.
- Key actionable agenda items are created that can be taken forward in the work environment.
Our 3E Focus
All our leadership development programs are designed in a way to provide participants the most enriching learning journey in line with our 3-E methodology, where the 3Es stand for:
- Case studies, simulations
- Focus on real-time case studies from the organization/industry to ensure maximum application of concepts learned.
- Insightful and interactive sessions.
- Will be preceded by pre-work to ensure impact.
- Will be followed by evaluation/ discussion to ensure assimilation of concepts.
- The andragogy shall include assignments/activities so that the participants get an opportunity to apply the concepts and practice key skills.
Measuring Learning Impact
We at SOIL believe that measuring the learning impact of any leadership development program is of utmost importance for both the participant and the organization. We work extensively with our faculty and clients to come up with interesting, less complex and more value-adding ways of doing impact assessment. Listed below are some of the ways in which we ensure that learning is sustained, and the benefits of our programs are maximized for the individual and for the organization in the long term:
- Pre and Post Assessment Questionnaires to ascertain the learning curve of the participants and whether the intended knowledge and skills have been imparted
- Check-ins with the participants’ supervisor, peers
- Refresher webinars with the participants three months after the assignment is over
- Assigning accountability cards and accountability partners to the participant as they list specific behaviors they pledge to implement after training. Accountability partners can be sounding boards to the participants as they work through their behavior change and performance improvement
- Reflection Journals
- In programs where “action learning projects are part of the design; the following methods are used to measure impact:
- in-depth final review through a presentation with a focus on the benefit of the project to the organization
- application of concepts
- the rigor of analysis
- interim reviews to ensure that the final project outcome adheres to the objectives