Case Study 1
Talent Appreciation for mapping of future leaders of a leading international chain of hotels in India
- The Board of the organization wanted to take a fresh look at its leadership talent for the top three levels of the organization and understand how they are working as a team. The output of this exercise was planned to be used for succession planning and action for leadership development.
- Target group included the MD, Executive Directors, direct reports of the MD and the High Potential General Managers from different parts of the world (US, Australia, UK, Sri Lanka, India).
- Developed a set of competencies to define the ‘ideal’ skills and
- Validated competencies by conducting correlation studies among desired competencies, assessment results, supervisor ratings, and sales for each incumbent.
- The 47-day program was delivered in three phases of 2-2½ weeks each, addressing the three levels of competencies, over one year.
- The first phase focused on providing general management competencies to create a common and shared language and understanding.
- The second phase was built on strategic and leadership skills. Based on 360 feedbacks, participants were also provided extensive one on one coaching from senior HR professionals.
- The third phase focused on advanced concepts in management and leadership, with issues like Corporate Governance and Restructuring.
- Five of the 40 incumbents were promoted to VP level—within three months of the assessment. All 40 incumbents were provided a development plan for
- Eight of the 20 high potentials were selected for an accelerated development program, one of whom was placed in the next level position within three months, and a second who received a promotion to
- Seven outside candidates were hired at the new, desired competency level.