Appreciate - Overview
The unique Talent Appreciation Process (TAP) of SOIL enables individuals to discover their gifts (personality traits, knowledge, skills, attitude & behavior) and enables them to identify areas of development that they wish to consciously improve.
SOIL’s holistic Talent Appreciation model integrates Personality appreciation, Behavioural appreciation along with Cognitive and Skill appreciation, to identify the critical attributes of individuals and teams that are correlated to high performance.
The feedback from the Talent Appreciation Process can be the starting point for enhancing self-awareness in individuals and teams and for creating impactful learning journeys. It can also be used for selection to specific roles and for identifying successors for critical positions.
We use an Appreciative Inquiry-based approach that celebrates the positives. Apart from Personality and Behavioural appreciation tools, the process relies on highly credible and trained appreciators from the Industry.
Our Appreciation Practice has two key pillars:
- Competency Framework
Cognitive Assessment (Cognition, Motives, Self-perception)
- Measures, Reasoning Logical thinking, Mathematical and language aptitude
- Strongly correlated to long term success in career
Personality Assessment (SOIL 360 Leadership Survey | SOIL Team Effectiveness Survey | Hogan Assessments | Belbin Team Profile | DISC)
- SOIL uses Personality Assessments that are based on the Big 5 theory of Personality
- The assessments help predict Behaviour at the workplace - “What comes naturally to a person”
Behavioral Assessment (Assessment Centers | Behavioral Event Interviews | Board-based/ Online Simulations | Case Studies | Role Plays | Group tasks)
- We help assess actual behaviors exhibited in a simulated work environment
- Adapted Behaviour in the real world
- Our interventions have greater Face Validity, as the
Skills Assessment (Skills, Knowledge)
- Measures Technical ability, Domain knowledge
- Can be learned
Performance is the extent to which the KRAs for a role
The Values underline the extent to which the employee is aligned to the tenets that the organization holds as non-negotiable. Values are for all
Hence SOIL’s Talent Appreciation Framework measures Key Leadership Attributes that look at the following aspects of leadership:
Lead the Business
- Articulating a ‘Big Picture’ view of the business
- Understanding the Business Strategy (Key drivers- internal and external impacting the business) (Strategic Orientation, Global Mindset, etc)
- Being able to see/create possible business opportunities (Business acumen, Entrepreneurship, Driving Innovation and Change)
Lead the People
- Leading Self
- Influencing Peers
- Leading teams
Lead the Operations
- Execution Excellence
- Driving Results
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
Once the framework is in place- one can choose the relevant proficiency levels for various roles and then assess those.