The Post Graduate Program in HR Leadership is an intensive year-long program based on the philosophy of blended learning. The learning model of the program combines knowledge of the theory and principles of HR as it has evolved with an understanding of its practical implications through studying different business scenarios. Not only do the faculty bring in their practical understanding of the industry to substantiate and enhance theoretical models but business applications are also brought into the classroom through a vast network of successful leaders and entrepreneurs who frequently visit the campus as faculty to interact with the students. This experience blends beautifully with live application projects such as the internship with corporate firms or the consulting assignment with the non-profit sector.
The Broad elements of the learning model are:
- Andragogy: A balanced approach is adopted for SOIL’s Post-Graduate Program in HR Leadership. This is achieved through intense classroom work (lectures, workshops, and quizzes), research (projects, integrated case studies and papers) and practical experience (internships, industry visits, academies and seminars).
- Individual Learning Plan: A personalized document that is created during an intensive development center using the Test profile coupled with Behavioral interviews, this plan helps maximize your learning potential while at SOIL.
- Individual Coaching and Peer Groups: Every student is part of a small study group which is tutored by the faculty of the HR program on a regular basis. This helps the students learn more effectively.
The unique learning experiences also include:
- Real World Challenge: A one-month internship is a key learning intervention that helps you to experience the world of business from close quarters and experience how the learnings come together in the real world.
- Social Innovation: Student will work in teams with NGO’s, one day a week, to make a difference in a social cause that matters to them.
- Mentoring: A key development tool that provides you the unique opportunity to be mentored throughout the year by a faculty member as well as by a senior corporate leader.
- Appreciative Inquiry: A transformational week-long program conducted in the foothills of Dharamshala that sensitizes you to a different approach to consulting – churning the positives.
- Ethical Dilemmas: A 5-day theatre program with the nation’s best theatre teachers to address and strengthen your own value system through powerful drama techniques.