- Who can benefit from ELBP?
- The Consortium
- Learning Methodologies
- Tracks & Modules
- Panel of Coaches
- Program Faculty
- Who Should Participate
- ELBP's USP
- Contact Us
Emerging Leader Booster Program (ELBP) is an eight month long, Leadership Development Program aimed at High-Potential Functional Leaders with 8-15 years of Work Experience, to groom them for larger, General Management roles.
The Programme was conceived in 2010 through the efforts of the School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL) as a response to a concern faced by many companies in India – lack of a holistic, long term intervention to support the current Leadership Development practices in the country.
Interviews with over 60 CEOs of leading Indian companies and research of the best Leadership Development Programmes across the globe, led to the creation of an ELBP Consortium consisting of companies which were interested in the concept and wanted to capitalise on the idea.
The Learning Methodologies, Framework, Modules and Flow were then created through a Design Team which consisted of Industry Consortium Representatives, Practitioner Faculty and top Leadership Development Consultants of SOIL.
The Programme has a multi-pronged approach to impart Leadership and Management Training; and to maximise its benefit to the Organisation and to the Individual, over the long term. The Framework consists of:
- A Strategic Organisational Project for real-time, on-the-job learning
- Residential, Class Room Sessions for academic learning
- One-on-one Coaching Sessions supported by Psychometric testing and Reporting Manager’s Feedback for Personal Transformation
- Talks by Industry Leaders (current CEOs/CXOs of large, impactful companies) for motivation on the leadership aspect
- SOIL Alumni Services for continued support from SOIL, post-program
ELBP is most beneficial for Mid-Level Functional Managers (with 8-15 years of Work Experience), who are keen on learning aspects of business, over and above their Functional Areas. The program benefits such incumbents by providing them with a holistic business perspective, thereby enabling them to take on higher roles, which utilize their past skills and the new expertise gained through this program.
Typically participants are nominated by their Organisation; however ELBP is open to Individual Nominations as well.
Organisations across Industry, location and size, have benefited from ELBP by grooming their line of succession from within and making themselves future ready.
The program draws on the concept of Consortium Learning wherein a group of companies with a common interest (the quest for knowledge) join hands and together undergo the process of discovering their learning needs, co-creating the learning initiatives, and engaging in the learning process thereafter. This results in the exchange of ideas and best practices across Industry Verticals, Geographies and Size.
The Consortium at the center of which ELBP is built, consists of the following companies:
1. 70-20-10 Learning Principle
2. Peer-to-peer Learning
Peer-to-Peer learning is a mode of learning “of everyone, by everyone, for everyone”
- During the program, Participants from different industries share stories and experiences; and learn from each other.
- Participants learn, then go back to their internal teams (for live Projects etc.) and work together, hence spreading learning within their organisation as well.
3. Tangible Outcomes
The program utilizes the Kirkpatrick Model (Wikipedia link to Kirkpatrick Model) for measuring the Outcome and Impact of the intervention.
For further information visit www.kirkpatrickpartners.com
4. Outbound Retreat
One module within the Programs (1 Week) is done in an outbound location to help participants open up to the learning experiences.
1. Strategic Organisational Project
Each Organisation that participates in ELBP nominates individuals along with a real-time Project which is of strategic importance; and which is critical to the long term growth and sustenance of the Organisation. The project is the keystone of the program and gets executed through the course of the program. The Project has two objectives:
- to help individuals apply their multi-pronged learning in a real-time, on-the-job scenario
- to provide direct and tangible benefit to the organisation
The project execution and monitoring process is rigorous in nature and entails close coordination between the Individual, their Project Sponsor (from within their organisation) and the SOIL Team; and is carried out over multiple reviews through the course of the program.
2. Class Room Sessions (Residential)
Class room sessions are focused around personal and organisational Change Management, Business as a Whole, Leadership Development, Skill Building and Functional Areas (like Marketing, Finance, Strategy etc.); and are held in 6-day sessions, spread over 4 quarters, making a total of 24 days.
Key features of the classroom training include:
- Content and delivery focus on application, not concepts alone
- Faculty being veteran practitioners with strong academic credentials, exposure to contemporary research and cross functional industry experience
- Incorporation of ‘war stories’ – which goes beyond the traditional case study methodology
3. One-on-One Coaching (with Psychometric Testing and Feedback)
Each individual is taken through one-on-one coaching sessions by experienced and certified coaches with proven industry track-records, which provides an opportunity for tremendous personal transformation. There are 3, 90-to-120-minute, coaching sessions for each participant over the duration of the course. This is supported with a Psychometric Test called Caliper, which is administered before the Coaching Sessions commence; and feedback from the individual’s reporting manager:
- CALIPER (www.calipercorp.com)
Caliper is an online Psychometric Test which measures an individual on Parameters like Leadership, Influencing, Managing Relationships, Problem Solving/Decision Making, Interpersonal, Personal Organisation/Time Management and Service/Consulting.
It has been in existence for more than half a century and has helped more than 28,000 companies around the world, with leadership development, succession planning, and organisational change.
Results of the Caliper test form a large part of identification of individual development areas.
- The Reporting Manager of the Individual is also brought into the picture through a feedback session that takes place before the coaching sessions, in order for the coach to further understand the individuals development needs specifically centered on the work they do in their organisation.
- The Coach helps the individual discover and leverage their strengths, past experiences and beliefs to deliver superior actions and results. The outcome of the Coaching Intervention is to create long-term sustainable performance.
4. Leadership Series
The Leadership Series is a series of talks by Industry Leaders, that the individuals are taken through, when they are present on Campus for the Class Room Sessions.
Through deep rooted industry networks, SOIL calls upon Industry Leaders (current CEOs/CXOs of large impactful companies, once every module, to come on Campus and address the individuals on their Personal leadership story of how they came about to the Helm of the Organisation that they now steer.
The purpose of the series is to inspire individuals through impactful real life stories; and to help them understand the importance of aspects like team work, excellence, sustenance which are imperative to the growth of the Organisation and the Self.
5. Alumni Services
All Educational Services which are open to the Alumni of the SOIL B-School, are also open to alumni of ELBP and other SOIL Open Program Alumni. These services include:
- SOIL Library Subscription
- Connect with SOIL Faculty and Experts
- Alumni Portal for Networking
1. Personal and Organisational Change Management
a) Prepare the SOIL for Change
b) Envision and Co-create the Change
c) Experiment with Pilot Project
d) Scale up and Institutionalize
2. Business as a Whole
a) Thinking Processes
b) Design Thinking
c) Process (Business) Excellence
d) Strategic Planning/Execution
3. Leadership Development
b) Leading People & Employee Engagement
4. Skill Building
a) Successful Negotiations
b) Innovation in Thought & Execution
5. Functional Areas
d) Data Analytics
e) Digital Innovation
While there are a multitude of Management Development Programs offered by Consultancies and Business Schools in India, ELBP stands out from the rest in the following ways:
a. Strategic Organisational Project
No other Leadership Development Programme incorporates a Strategic Organisational Project which brings about direct and tangible benefits to the Organisation along with Individual Learning and Development
b. Multi-Pronged Approach
While many other Programs utilize 2-3 methodologies (like Class Room Sessions, Guest Lectures, Case Studies etc.); no other Program utilizes the breadth of inputs that ELBP does (Strategic Organisational Project, Class Room Sessions, One-on-One Coaching, Psychometric Testing, Reporting Manager Feedback, Leadership Series, Alumni Services etc.)
c. Focus on Application more than on Concept
- Faculty of ELBP are Industry Veteran Practitioners with strong academic credentials & exposure to contemporary research
- Pedagogy incorporates ‘War Stories’ more than Case Studies
- Cross Industry Learning
d. Long Term Intervention
Leadership/Management Development Programmes are typically Short Term interventions ranging from a few days to a few weeks. ELBP is a long term intervention spread over the span of 8 months; giving enough time for individuals to imbibe the learning and show tangible results from the learning
e. Academics-Consulting-Industry Network
SOIL is the only Institution in India which has access to:
- Academia and the latest in research, through the SOIL B School
- Stalwart Management Consultants through the SOIL Consultancy
- Deep Rooted Industry Network owing to the Strong Consulting Background
|ELBP Launch Date: To be announced soon|