SOIL's School of Business Design (SOBD) offers a full-time 2 Year Post Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM). The program will blend Design Thinking and Liberal Arts with Management in a unique experiential curriculum that will provide a rich portfolio of exposure and skills spanning traditional as well as emerging areas of business management.
Whether you have a background in liberal arts, engineering, science or commerce, the School of Business Design will help you discover your creative confidence, make you a problem solver par excellence and a manager who leads with the design while being armed with the core skills that any top management program offers.
The first batch of SOBD’s 2 Year PGDM program will commence classes in July 2019.
Curriculum and pedagogy
The program curriculum integrates courses in
- Liberal arts such as Social & Cultural Anthropology, Psychology of Empathy and Indian Literature which enable students to develop a holistic outlook
- Classic design such as Design Drawing; Fundamentals of Space, Form
andStructure to stimulate creativity
- Business management & leadership such as electives in Finance, Marketing, HR and Analytics; and Strategic Leadership and Business Models to create a foundation for management
The pedagogy will require students to work extensively with fellow students and other stakeholders, instilling a culture of collaboration in them. Experiential learning and live research & projects will be an integral part of the learning process.
Careers and outcomes
Our students will graduate with a set of skills and experiences that will equip them for a success in the contemporary business world. We envision our students taking on roles and responsibilities such as:
- Product management roles at top design-led firms
- Business designers/product architects at start-ups
- Experience and service design managers at large service companies
- Strategy planning and execution management at established firms to identify and/or create new business opportunities
- Roles in traditional domains of business management like finance, HR, marketing etc.
- Consulting at design research and product development firms
Program Highlights & Overview
*The institution would apply for the AICTE approval process.